Our Governing Body
Foundation Governors are appointed in the name of the Archbishop and form the majority of the Governing Body. They have a legal duty to preserve and develop the Catholic character of the school. They must:
- Be familiar with and supportive of the policies and procedures of the Diocese;
- Represent those policies to the Governing Body;
- Consider not only the interests of the individual school but the interests of other Catholic schools throughout the Diocese;
- Respond to the needs of the Catholic community as a whole, as represented by the Archbishop.
Local Authority Governors
Local Authority Governors are appointed by the Local Authority in which the school is situated. All Local Authority Governors are expected to be committed to raising standards at the school to which they are appointed.
Parents and staff elect representatives to the Governing Body. Elected Governors, although representatives for particular groups are not delegates for that group.
Governors appointed due to the skills they bring to the Governing Body.
The Governing Body Committees
Committees are set up to deal with the statutory duties of the Governing Body. They formulate policies and are delegated to make decisions on behalf of the Governing Body within their terms of reference.
The main committees are:
Resources Committee (covering Personnel, Finance, Premises and Health and Safety)
- Chair: Paul Byrne
- Members: Marco Franchi, Paloma Sackman and Emma Brown
Quality of Education Committee (covering Curriculum, Achievement and Admissions)
- Chair: Marco Franchi
- Members: Fr MArk Anwyll, Una McGinley, Katie Orchard, Sinead Sarsfield, Jane Cosgrave